You realise that no longer the income you earn is topping up the savings you spend. It is now one way traffic!
So, ensuring you have a well structured group of assets which provides you a tax efficient income stream, is paramount.
You might have the following questions running through your mind:
- We hear superannuation is pretty good in retirement, should we be moving our savings and assets into superannuation?;
- Is a Self Managed Superannuation Fund a viable option?
- Is a Transition to Retirement Strategy suitable?
- When do we pay down outstanding debts?
- Should we sell investment assets now or in retirement? How can we minimise any capital gains tax implications?
- How much do we need to retire and enjoy the same level of lifestyle?
- Are we eligible for any social security benefits?
- Will our beneficiaries pay tax when they receive our estate?
In retirement, personal circumstances and legislation will change.
The Federal Budget in May always brings around changes which may affect you. We will be across the issues and on the front foot letting you know if opportunities arise.
If these questions are becoming more and more predominant in your day to day conversations,